"In our life there is a single color, as on an artist's palette,

which provides the meaning of life and art.

It is the color of love.”

~ Marc Chagall


Welcome to my Blog!


The i heart collectibles™ web site is being forwarded here until the e-commerce web site is completed.
If you see something you would like to purchase, you can reach me @ iheartcollectibles@gmail.com

~ Trisha

4/13/2014

My new love: Polymer Clay!

After taking time off from blogging, I've found new inspiration and have expanded my art to include miniature polymer clay - pieces ranging in size from 1/2"  to an inch or so.

I just started working with polymer clay three weeks ago, and already have a large collection of assorted pieces. My main goal is to have fun with it. I will also be taking and making special orders for anyone who asks!

Everyone who works with polymer clay has their own technique. I am finding mine simply through the creative process - practice makes perfect, and even mistakes have their place in the art world, as they always teach us something.

There is quite a variety of Polymer Clay to choose from. My absolute favorite is Premo! Sculpey® Polymer Clay, which can be found at most arts and crafts stores, as well as online.

I will start here by sharing the first few pieces I created. I've got quite a bit of catch up to do here, so I may be posting two blogs a day for a week or so...


My first polymer clay miniature was this hamburger...

This burger is about 1/4 inch tall.
And then I made a couple more...


And some hot dogs...


This picture is for size comparison.



More to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment